News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Overload

Started by bonzy69, December 08, 2009, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonzy69

I have a Bachmann Dynamis and it keeps tripping the overload.  I am running a 4-8-2 sound loco from Bachmann  and a Sound switcher loco from BLI.  Would they be too power hungry on one circuit?

the Bach-man

Dear Bonzy,
I wouldn't think so. Does the circuit always trip at the same place? Does each loco perform well when running alone? How long are the trains?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bonzy69

The 4-8-2 is pulling a 4 car passenger set and the BLI is pulling 12 coal cars but at the moment the 4-8-2 trips it on its own with no sound.

bonzy69

For more information, I have now attached a 5 amp booster and it is still tripping with 4-8-2 alone and no sound and light off.  It is servicing a 2 oval layout that are joined by 2 DCC No6 crossovers.  All the track is bachmann track.  It can tend to stop at the same point.  The stop sign appears on the remote screen and I press and off it goes again.  Sometimes it will trip every time around and other times it will go for an hour, half an hour or more and not trip.  Any suggestions?

the Bach-man

Dear Bonzy,
If the switcher runs well and doesn't trip anything, it would seem that the trouble lies with the mountain. have your hobby shop check it out, or give service a call.
Good luck!
the Bach-man