News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New SR&RL caboose

Started by John Tumolo, November 08, 2009, 04:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

Christmas is coming-is there an ETA for the new caboose?  Any plans for showing at the Allentown, PA "First Frost" November 14 & 15?  John Tumolo  Britcarfan@aol.com

the Bach-man

Dear John,
The cabooses should be  in within a few weeks, certainly by Christmas.
As for Allentown, a show I really like, we'll be at Trainfest in Milwaukee next week.
Sorry!
the Bach-man

ScottyB

Just saw the caboose at Trainfest.  Fantastic.  Has that "hunkered down" look that all previous Bachmann freight models have been missing.  Forgot to take a picture... was too busy looking for Lee Riley (found him.)
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Linzthom

I hope you asked him why Bachman aren't listening to its fans that want a HEISLER and asked him WHY they aren't producing one ?????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Mike_AA9ZY

I keep hoping that the Bach Man will post pictures of the new caboose. I'm more excited about it than any other new On30 offering.

jestor

Quote from: Mike_AA9ZY on November 17, 2009, 12:12:17 PM
I keep hoping that the Bach Man will post pictures of the new caboose. I'm more excited about it than any other new On30 offering.
There are pictures in the products section.   The Favorate Spot (E-Bay) has some for sale now.

max (uk)

I bought one of these yesterday, I am very pleased with it. It's nicely detailed, great lighting, and has a low riding height.

However, I am very confused to find that although I had ordered 26797 in oxide brown, as it said on the box; to find inside the sealed box a model that looks exactly like 26798 in oxide red.

As it was a sealed box when I bought it, I couldn't help wonder if there had been a mix up at the factory? ???

Has this happened to anyone else?

John Tumolo

Today has been one of those days you really enjoy going out to the mailbox.
To what to my wondering eyes did appear but the new Bachmann On30 SR & RL
caboose from the elves at Peterboro Railroad (thanks, John), the new On30
Annual from Carstens, and the November/December newsletter from the WW&F
Railway Museum. Bachmann has done it again-the caboose is really nice, well
thought out, and even has opening end doors. Carstens has yet another winner
with issue number 5, and begs the question-why not more than one per year?
Last but not least, my favorite 2-foot railroad has made it to "top of the
mountain", and continues to amaze me with what they have accomplished since
resurrecting the railroad.
I don't always get the chance to send messages, so I'll take this
opportunity to wish all on the list a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. John
Tumolo _Britcarfan@aol.com_ (mailto:Britcarfan@aol.com)
P.S. Thank you, Bachmann for the spare parts-much appreciated!

Mike_AA9ZY

What a coincidence! I have two red unlettered cabooses on order from the same place. John's a good guy!

tac

I've ordered the yellow version so I can convert it to look a bit like the van at Roaring Camp, Nor-Cal.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Mike_AA9ZY

It looks 100% better than the bobber cabooses.