News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lighting a rocker switch

Started by glsummers, December 17, 2009, 10:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

Jim,

Thanks for the kind words, which help, as a few things went wrong yesterday.   

Some day I'm going to have to learn a graphics program, instead of using keyboard (ascii)  characters. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

glsummers

Thanks Joe and everybody else who had input. I believe I can figure it out and if I have a problem I will ask again. Model Railroading is not only a great hobby but you learn so much even when you are in your mid 60's. Merry Christmas to all. Larry

glsummers

One more question please. Once I figure out which prong is the SWI can I then just jump a wire from rocker switch to rocker switch to all 15 rocker switches and can I do the same with the LG on each rocker switch and then from each LG to each track and the SWO to the other side of the track. Thanks as always. I am slowly getting it. Larry

mabloodhound

Larry,
You would be OK to jump them, just use a wire heavy enough to carry the current you'll be using.   The lamps don't take much current but the track power would need something a little heavier.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

glsummers

I hope all of you that see this post and helped me I want to say thank you. I just completed putting in 15 lighted rocker switches and they work great. Thanks for all the help.
I have just one more question on this subject: I just finished building my staging yard and I was wandering if you could use the lighted rocker switch and just have one rail insulated? Then us the lighted rocker switch to indicate if that track was hot. Thanks for any in put and help in advance. Larry