News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NWSL Climax gears

Started by jerryl, December 17, 2009, 05:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryl

Just got the latest NWSL news. It states that they will be testing the new HO scale Climax gears soon.   Really hope Bachmann can come to some agreement with NWSL & reintroduce the Climax with the metal gears.
   The Climax is a great looking loco & runs like a watch...until the gears go.The letter also stated that some Asian countries are copying some of NWSL products & selling them cheaper. They urge us not to buy them & I heartily agree. NWSL has always put out a Quality Product, It's not right for someone else to pirate their product after much was spent on R&D. Stick with authentic NWSL products & you won't go wrong.  No, I don't have a stake in the company, I've just used many of their products with excellent results.    Jerry

rich1998

hi jerry

just got the same message. i have been buying from nwsl for over 15 years and the new owner is doing a fantastic job. i sent him an email mentioning the good reports i see in different mrr forums.
among over two dozen reports I saw one negative from one grump.
lex

jerryl

I was just looking at my Shay gears...WOW.  Hope they hurry up before my eyes get worse.  They are small & there are a lot of them. Looks like you don't have much leeway for a proper mesh.   Jerry

RAM

Jerry I took the liberty to copy most of your post on the Climax to move it to another forum.  It is really a shame that so many locomotive have gear problems.  I had one Bachmann and I am waiting for a P2K to fail.We need to pass on any information we might have for repairing locomotives. 

Jim Banner

"I can make it cheaper and just about as good" is the start of a downward spiral to junk.  I hope NWSL never falls into that trap.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.