News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound Installation in Bachmann Doodlebug

Started by micsweeney, December 27, 2009, 11:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micsweeney

Hello all,

I have the DCC ready version of the Bachmann Union Pacific Doodlebug. I would like to know if anybody out there has installed a DCC sound chip in one. If so, which one did you use. Thank you in advance for your response to this question.

Mick Sweeney

pdlethbridge

Hi Mike, I did a decoder install in a doodlebug and it was easy. It wasn't sound but a Digitrax dh123 decoder. Works like a charm. There is lots of room for a speaker but its placement should be planned out so you can't see it through the windows.

rich1998

litchfield station has the loksound decoders for this  loco. contact them.
they do answer email. i buy all my decoders from them.
by the way, the chips are on the decoder.
the company is esu. scroll down the page and click on esu and loksound.
i use the loksound micro decoders.
below is a photo of the loksound micro decoder possibilities with a reference to this loco.

below is a photo of the motor current for this loco.  0.6amps locked rotor that i doubt you will eve see. 0.2amps running.
the loksound micro is good for 0.5amps. i use it in a single motor 44 ton ho spectrum that has 0.3 amps running current.

the speaker should fit in the shell. it fits in my 44 ton up inside the shell with a plastic baffle around it.

lex

rich1998

someone sent me this photo of the speaker and baffle that i used for my install. the whole thing is 16mm X 25 mm.

below is a link on how to easily convert metric to our measurements. i use this link a lot.

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

lex