News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

wheels not on the cars

Started by jettrainfan, December 25, 2009, 10:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

Well, i got all bachmann items (except 1 caboose) and was very pleased. I'm testing them now (if i ever stop wanting to run the Dash 8-40CW for a few minutes. ;D) Well, im testing the cars and just to say, the ATSF flat car with pipes is perfect and totally worth the money. I opened 1 of the other cars and 1 wheel was off. Of course its easy but a tad bit frustrating. :-\ And when i got done, i was in a cheery mood again. i opened car 2 and my mouth dropped. 3 wheels off?! That to me, is a bigger surprise than finding $5 in the box. Of course im not mad, im just a tad bit upsettend. what could have happened to cause this?

The only reasons i can think of is
1:mechanical problem
2:a kid shook the box

anyway, i still like the items and will keep shopping bachmann products. Im just confused of the 3 wheel deal. i can see 1 once in a while but 3 is a tad too much. Thanks anyway. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ABC

Maybe somebody took it out of the box to look at it/ handle it.

BestSnowman

Shipping can be a pretty rough process and I'd bet it's just a coincidence.

At least all the wheels were still in the box :)
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

hawaiiho

Coincidence, maybe, maybe not.

Over the last two months I have purchased 9 new pieces of Bachmann rolling stock.

Three had one or more trucks off or partially off when I opened the boxes.

I hope it is just a coincidence.

BestSnowman

I've only had one item loose a wheelset in the box and that was part of an old trainset with plastic wheels.

Of the approximately 25 Bachmann silver series pieces of rolling stock that I have bought I've never had the wheels come off in the box so I'd be inclined to believe its just coincidence or some rough shippers in your area.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

full maxx

I would think that as long as nothing is broken or missing it would not be a big deal
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Joe323

I also had the same happen last night with a tank car, I was given. It was not a big deal but it did make me wonder about quality control a bit.  In any event I popped it back in and car is now in service.

lmackattack

In my experince If the axel can easly fall out of a truck then the truck is warped badly, the axel is bent, the axel pocket is miss formed or it was not put in all the way at the factory. I cant see how shipping could cause a properly fitted axel to fall out. With most trucks you really have to bend the sideframe to get an axel to slip in.