News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-6-0 Saddle Tank sparking

Started by Colli, December 26, 2009, 03:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colli

I have installed a DZ121 in my 0-6-0 Saddle Tank by Bachmann.  Conversion went well and is now programmed 4 digit with #1000.
However, when I nun it on main line it occasionally send sparks out from under the running gear.  There is a lot of slop ( sideways play) on all 3 axles and there appears to be some copper strips protruding towards the
drive wheels. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so what is the cure. Thanks.

rich1998

sparking is probably dirty track/drivers. my 0-6-0t has slop in the drivers.
lex

pdlethbridge

the copper strips are the contacts to the wheels. I would suggest a little Iso. alcohol on a piece of cloth laid on the tracks and run the engine over it to clean the wheels. Also check to see if anything is caught up in the brass wipers like cat or dog hair. A good cleaning will eliminate the sparks.

Colli

Thanks guys, I will try your suggestions. As a fairly newbie I thought I had screwed something up.
Colli.

pdlethbridge

you can also wipe the track with the alcohol and a clean cloth. You don't want to give it a bath but a dampened cloth should clean the track. When it gets sparking again, try this over again.

Woody Elmore

A pink pencil eraser from Staples is also good to clean the track.