Flying Scot HO / looking for the Pilot assembly Part #3840 if anyone has one?

Started by JoeNorth, December 29, 2009, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeNorth

Hi, I'm looking for a parts engine Flying Scot HO 4 6 0 if anyone has one, the part I  need is the front truck, part #3840 or if you know where I might find one?  Thank you in advance..  Regards Joe N.

rogertra

Quote from: JoeNorth on December 29, 2009, 07:44:18 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a parts engine Flying Scot HO 4 6 0 if anyone has one, the part I  need is the front truck, part #3840 or if you know where I might find one?  Thank you in advance..  Regards Joe N.

There is no such thing as a "Flying Scot" 4-6-0.  What locomotive are you looking for?  Who made the model?  You need to give the correct description in order for us to help.

The "Flying Scotsman" was both a named passenger service and an ex LNER Class A3 4-6-2 No. 4472 "Flying Scotsman".

A Royal Scot was an ex LMS 4-6-0 class of locomotives one of which, No. 6100 "Royal Scott" toured the U.S.A. in 1933 but was actually locomotive No. 6152, the identities were never swapped back.

StanierJack

hawaiiho

Joe,

I'm going to make a logical guess that what you are looking for belongs to a Bachmann "Flying Scot" 4-6-0 locomotive that is vintage late 1980's.

I wish for two things. First that I have that HO set and second that I knew of a source for the part. But, sadly, I'm old enough to remember that set and still have a 1986 Bachmann catalogue that shows it.

Sorry, I can't be more help beyond helping confirm you are likely correct in what you are describing.

rogertra

Quote from: hawaiiho on December 29, 2009, 10:10:00 PM
Joe,

I'm going to make a logical guess that what you are looking for belongs to a Bachmann "Flying Scot" 4-6-0 locomotive that is vintage late 1980's.

So the name is a Bachmann misnomer as there was never a UK loco called the "Flying Scot"?

Or is this loco a North American loco?

hawaiiho

Roger, I also made the logical guess that Joe was referring to and looking for a part for an HO model, not an actual locomotive.  ;D

hawaiiho

[
Quote from: rogertra on December 29, 2009, 10:40:33 PM

So the name is a Bachmann misnomer as there was never a UK loco called the "Flying Scot"?

Or is this loco a North American loco?

I looked at the catalogue again. It appears that "Flying Scot" was the name of the set as marketed by Bachmann, much like "Thunderbolt" is a set that is currently offered.