News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 conversion

Started by Lucien, January 01, 2010, 06:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucien

I know the model is only recently on sale, and I already have plans to use it's chassis to convert it into something different.
I was planning a freelance version of the french Vivarais Mallets (yes, they were metre gauge, but that is the freelance part ;) ) so i need someone to take the measures of the following items to see if it suits my needs:

wheeldiameter
wheelbase of each drive mechanism, and wheelbase of the whole loco

and to see if the drives could be used to build 2 Corpet-Louvet loco's: how is the whole thing driven? One motor for both drives or one moter for each of the drives?

Regards from Holland,

Lucien Eijdems

Tomcat

Lucien,

Happy New Year to you and all your Family Members!

The 2-6-6-2 has one motor which covers both sets of drivers. The Motor does have two shafts, so one to the front and one to the rear. I will check the drivers dia and full wheelbase for you on my own engine, though.

Kind regards, Tom

Tomcat

Lucien,

please excuse my delay, I did not forget to measure my engine:

The drivers are 16mm diameter (approx. - between 15.5 and 16.0), the overall length of the engine is 32 cm, without tender approx. 22 cm.

Hope this helps. Please keep us updated on your Vivarais Mallet Project. :) :) :)
I have taken a closer look at these nice lokies - seems to be possible, if you ask me!

Cheers, Tom

Lucien

Tomcat, thank you and a Happy New Year to you and yours truly too!

No need to excuse for a delay, I think the response was quite quick! ;)
Maybe it is because I have a little trouble expressing what it is I need in english, but the measures I am still hoping to get are:

distance between the individual axles of each drive unit or bogie (the distance between the 3 axles each) and the distance between the swiveling points of the bogies.
To make things clear I added a little "paintwork" of my own ;)

Sorry for all the trouble!!
BTW: in the photobucket album are also a few pics of a Billard railcar in O scale for my freelance french layout.

Heave

The rear half of the engine is Fixed. The front engine appears to swivel around the third axle.