News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Enhancing James' Perfomance

Started by kman781, December 31, 2009, 07:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James The Red Engine

SMASH IT! :D

Ok, not sure if that would work though. :-\  I've taken the cab off my James Model and from the firebox up to the face is all motor and eye mechanism.  Don't really think the weight would fit in that.  :-\

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: James The Red Engine on January 06, 2010, 05:58:39 PM

Ok, not sure if that would work though. :-\  I've taken the cab off my James Model and from the firebox up to the face is all motor and eye mechanism.  Don't really think the weight would fit in that.  :-\
Oh. Oh well, it was just a suggestion. ;)

kman781

Quote from: White_Crow05 on January 05, 2010, 05:53:01 PM
i've tried nickels and the lead weights and still my james is performing poorly. with out pulling anything at all the driving wheels spin and a high rate and james creeps along slowly, also he seems to want to derail at switches anyone know how to fix these?

Are your rails and train wheels clean? I have the same problem because of excess conductive lube all over the rails and wheels.

kman781

Quote from: White_Crow05 on January 05, 2010, 05:53:01 PM
i've tried nickels and the lead weights and still my james is performing poorly. with out pulling anything at all the driving wheels spin and a high rate and james creeps along slowly, also he seems to want to derail at switches anyone know how to fix these?

Remove the spring from the pilot truck- it worked for me

kman781

Quote from: James The Red Engine on January 06, 2010, 05:58:39 PM

Theres en0ugh room where under the cab to fit atleast 4 egg sinker weights. 5 if there ARE no decoder wires to deal with