Release...DC, DCC, or DCC/Sound?

Started by Southern Railway, January 03, 2010, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern Railway

Bach mann, I need a little help with your decisions on how and what gets released. Some of your releases make little or no sense. Let me talk about HO models as most can probably relate. Your Spectrum locos have a funny release configuration...the Richmond 4-4-0 was released in DCC and DCC w/Sound. Why was the green Southern only available DCC only and the black was only DCC w/Sound? The Southern Baldwin 2-8-0s were released like the Richmond 4-4-0...the green one was DCC only and the black one was DCC w/Sound only. I own both of each and want DCC w/Sound for the green locos as well as the black ones.

I have not yet purchased a DD40. Model Railroader reviewed the DD40 and noted that the model was DCC only with a place for a speaker. Why only DCC and no DCC w/Sound. Four road numbers were released in this run, but no 6936! How could you leave out the only DD40 that is still on the rails today and is part of Union Pacific's Heritage Fleet?

Your Spectrum models all look and run great! Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for your wonderful Spectrum models, but logic seems sometimes to be missing from the decision making process...if there is one.

ABC

QuoteI have not yet purchased a DD40. Model Railroader reviewed the DD40 and noted that the model was DCC only with a place for a speaker. Why only DCC and no DCC w/Sound.
Bachmann has yet to have factory sound for diesel locomotives.

Pacific Northern

I have all three of the undecorated modern 4-4-0's with DCC.

If you are using the product section of this web site it is misleading as it does not show all Spectrum models made.

For reference try the Walthers site, it shows all of the various models of the modern 4-4-0 that were made.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?category=Locomotive&scale=H&manu=bachmann&item=&keywords=4-4-0&words=restrict&instock=Q&showdisc=Y&split=30&Submit=Search

It you are interested in obtaining the modern 4-4-0 in the unlettered version check with MB Klien, they have them marked down.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/category_s/1711.htm

There used to be a link to a pdf file for the Bachmann catalogue on this site, but it has been removed.
Pacific Northern