News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New to the N scale hobby

Started by sillydude59, December 26, 2009, 04:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillydude59

Hi I'm new to the n scale hobby. i have several bachmann loco's and rail cars. Some are in need of maintenance. I'm looking for advice in hardware to make this process fun.   looking for something that will hold the loco's n cars securely  with good access and some sort of magnifying glass/device. Any help with where and what to purchase  would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tom 

the Bach-man

Dear Tom,
The Micro-Mark catalog will have all you need and more:
http://www.micromark.com/
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

sillydude59

been looking at the site you posted  ....  everytime i look i find  some very good tools maintenance and other great stuff for the hobby .. if you have not done so maybe you can create a useful links post.

Tom

mild seven

Hi I just bought an N Scale Bachmann Explorer and would like to know if I am in the right track of my particular hobby.  I would like to know if I would still invest on other scales or I would be o.k. in furthering the hobby using the N Scale.

mhampton

Quote from: mild seven on January 14, 2010, 09:37:25 AM
Hi I just bought an N Scale Bachmann Explorer and would like to know if I am in the right track of my particular hobby.  I would like to know if I would still invest on other scales or I would be o.k. in furthering the hobby using the N Scale.

Whether or not you are in the right scale depends on you and what you want to accomplish with your hobby.  If you are a little short of space for a layout, N scale is a great choice.  If you have space for a large layout and want a decent ration of trains to scenery, then N scale is a good choice, too.  If you want to run LONG trains through said scenery, N scale is a good choice.  The choices of equipment are not as varied in N as in some other scales (notably HO), but that is rapidly changing.  Because of its size, N scale can be a challenge to your eyesight and manual dexterity, but I think it's worth the effort.  Since you just bought a set, I'd say stick with it for a while to see if it works for you.