Dynamis does not work if it is more than 5 feet from command station

Started by Billm10454, January 13, 2010, 02:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billm10454

My dynamis loses the signal when it is more than 5 feet from the command station. The batteries are new energizer batteries. The track and the wheels of the engines are clean. Is this how it works, only 5 feet from the command station. Please help

ABC

There could be something blocking the signal, causing poor reception or interference that is nearby.

Billm10454

There is nothing interfeering with the line of site. The lens is clean on both. It's too bad beacause I like it, but if this is the way it operates maybe I should get rid of it. I searched other posts on this topic and found one that said he has it under the table and it works, so maybe I should try that.

ABC

Well, my dynamis works perfectly fine from almost anywhere at home and it worked at my local club too, unless there is something blatantly blocking it.
By causing interference, I do not mean there is an object in between the two. Sometimes certain electrical components can cause problem as in certain transformers and power packs that you may be using to power accessories, or other electrical devices that may be in close proximity to your layout. Try using it in another part of your house, set up some track away from electrical devices that may cause problems and see how far away it can work from.

Jim Banner

Five feet does seem lacking in range.  I have my doubts about electrical interference from nearby electronics, but it wouldn't hurt to unplug everything in the room except your Dynamix to test ABC's theory.  More likely interference for an infra red light beam is other infra red sources, including incandescent bulbs shining on the sensor or sunlight shining into the room.  If all else fails, it may need a trip back to Bachmann for adjustment, repair or replacement.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Billm10454

Thanks for all the replies. I will set it up in another room as suggested. I really want this to work because I like it. Thanks again.

jnichols

We have sold quite a few of these and different lights including sunlight will have an effect on the range of the handheld.
Jeff - The Train Shoppe

Billm10454

I haven't had a chance to test it out in a room with no or very little interference from lights or anything else. I'm away right now and will return on Tuesday and test it.