News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Standard line 2-8-0 steam locomotive

Started by Pacific Northern, January 23, 2010, 07:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I was recently visitingon of the local model railroaders who is just finishing the trackwork of his layout.  He just bought two of the new 2-8-0's in the new Standard line which recently replaced the Spectrum versions. He also has a couple of the Spectrum 2-8-0's.

I am happy to say that I can see no difference between the two versions of the 2-8-0. Both versions are great running locomotives.
Pacific Northern

ABC

Yeah, the only difference is the boxes and the prices, but like you said the quality is the same.

BaltoOhioRRfan

Only way i can really tell the diffrence when i have my Spectrum and Standard B&O's on the track are the road numbers.....
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Nigel

Quote from: BaltoOhioRRfan on January 23, 2010, 09:30:34 PM
Only way i can really tell the diffrence when i have my Spectrum and Standard B&O's on the track are the road numbers.....

Yeah, the Spectrum models have more expensive road numbers...... ;D ;D ;D
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

santafe

Do the standard line 2-8-0's still have DCC/Sound?

ABC

No, the standard line 2-8-0 is only available without sound. The sound version is a lot more expensive and still offered under the Spectrum line I think.

rich1998

Right now micro mark has this loco with sound for $154. Roadname their choice.
I was surprised to see the 4-4-0 with sound for $221. The price has inceased and micro mark usually has pretty good prices.
lex

Pacific Northern

Quote from: santafe on January 24, 2010, 01:18:29 PM
Do the standard line 2-8-0's still have DCC/Sound?

The new standard 2-8-0 comes with DCC, the sound version is still a
Spectrum engine.
Pacific Northern

jdvass

Granted, the Canadian market is not as big as the American but that doesn't mean that manufacturers should not make Canadian painted units. As far as being prototypicaly accurate I don't think that these units will be prototypicaly accurate for any of the road names offered. They are however, a great starting point to get you going.

Besides my layout has a lot of "what if CP had one of these?" on it so if it is not exactly prototypicaly correct I'm okay with it.  ;D