News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Loco conversions and modifications

Started by Atlantic Central, January 11, 2010, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Central

Some of my recent projects:

First a Bachmann 2-8-4 coverted into a Lima super power 2-8-2 similar to the DT&I 800 series locos:

Second, a 4-8-2 with a hicken tender and Delta trailing truck

And, a 2-6-6-2 with vandy tender and Delta trailing truck

All these need final painting and weathering, the 2-8-2 will be lettered ATLANTIC CENTRAL.

Sheldon

Joe Satnik

Very nice, Sheldon. 

Thanks for the pics.

Any physical changes on the last 2?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Atlantic Central

Joe,

Both the 4-8-2 and the 2-6-6-2 have different tenders than they came with and have different trailing trucks. All the changed parts on those two are Bachmann parts, but required some modifications.

Sheldon

rogertra

Nice job Sheldon. 

A man after my own heart.  A tender swapper and kitbasher.  :)

Very well done.

Atlantic Central

Roger,

Thank you, I have long admired all of your work that I have seen over the years.

I'll post more pic when these get of the paint shop.

Sheldon

rogertra

Sheldon.

Thanks for the kind words.

Looking forward to more of your photos.

pdlethbridge

Sheldon, those are beautiful.   Now on the 2-6-6-2, if I can get you to change the tender lettering to Maine Central, package it carefully and send it to me, that would be great. Of course, this would be of no cost to me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
NICE WORK!

CG04

Great work Sheldon.

What I would really like to see is pictures of these locos on your layout.

Clif

jsmvmd

Dear Sheldon,

You have been one busy boy !  Well done ! as Capt. Picard would say.

What is the story about the book ?  Would you please contact me off line so's I can purchase a copy ?

Best Wishes,

Jack

Atlantic Central

Thanks to all for the kind words, the layout is currently being reconstructed so photos on it would not include scenery.

Jack, I will be in touch.

Sheldon

rogertra

Here's a few of my kitbashed engines of the past 12 months.  Sorry if some have been posted before.

I add a kitbashed tender body to the P2K 0-6-0 changing the orignal tender to a sloped back "switcher" tender.  I found the tender body on a "used" table at a local show and kitashed the tender frame to fit the new body.

Here's an attempt to un-Russian a 2-10-0 with new dome, sandbox, stack and other minor detail changes as well as the almost required for GER steam, a tender kitbash.

An as yet unfinished minor kitbash of a heavy 4-8-2 into a passenger engine.  I'm not happy with the tender, a kitbashed Spectrum Hicken tender and will probably replace it with a kitbashed "medium" tender as looking more suitable for a passenger engine.

WoundedBear

Excellent work. I love the weathering on the 2-10-0.

Sid