dimensions of the longer Thomas & Friends engines

Started by dansin, January 12, 2010, 11:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dansin

Greetings.  This is my first post, although I've been reading along for some time.

We have been slowly acquiring some of the HO scale Thomas and Friends engines, and through random chance, it seems as if we have only gotten the short ones (Thomas, Percy, James, Toby, and Mavis).  It is our intention to build a shed with a roundhouse for our small layout.  As our local hobby shops never seem to have them on the shelves, my question is- what are the dimensions (length, especially) of Thomas' longer friends (Emily, Gordon, Henry)?  I have briefly searched the web for engine specifications, with no luck.

Thank you for your time.

Dan

panniertankboy8751

Gordon is about 11 inches long with his tender. I do know that Henry and Gordon share the same kind of  chassie (Henry is just missing the back boggie because he is based on an LMS Black 5, which were 4-6-0s). But I don't have Henry, soooooooo, can't help ya there.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Were you including the couplers in that measurement too? Well, Henry is about 10" or so with his tender.

Frankv

Quote from: dansin on January 12, 2010, 11:47:25 AM
Greetings.  This is my first post, although I've been reading along for some time.

We have been slowly acquiring some of the HO scale Thomas and Friends engines, and through random chance, it seems as if we have only gotten the short ones (Thomas, Percy, James, Toby, and Mavis).  It is our intention to build a shed with a roundhouse for our small layout.  As our local hobby shops never seem to have them on the shelves, my question is- what are the dimensions (length, especially) of Thomas' longer friends (Emily, Gordon, Henry)?  I have briefly searched the web for engine specifications, with no luck.

Thank you for your time.

Dan

Gordon and Henry are both 10 &3/4" long including the tender and couplers. Subtract 1/2" for each coupler to get just the engine & tender. Spencer is 11&3/8" long including tender & couplers. We (my 6 yr old grandson & I) also own Thomas, Percy, and James. We're hoping to get Edward, Emily, Mavis, Salty, and Toby when we can find good deals. Ask if you need any info on the engines we own. Regards.

shining time

i have an atlas turntable and Gordon and Henry both fit coupler and tender Spencer however doesn't do to an extra wheel on the tender hope this helps :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways