News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO scale F40

Started by Michigan Railfan, February 09, 2010, 04:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan Railfan

My friend is wondering, does anyone make an F40 in HO scale? He wants to make Amtrak's Sunset Limited train (the one that crashed into a swamp in Alabama), and it has an F40 on it. Just wondering.

ABC

Life-Like makes one in Phase III paint, but it is only a $20 engine and runs accordingly. Also Bachmann makes it in Phase II, III, and IV with or without flashing strobe lights. Kato makes one in Phase III paint. Walthers Trainline makes them in Phase II, III, IV, and V. So the msrp's range from $20 with the life-like to $125 with the Kato.
Bachmann MSRP is $70 or $105 with strobe
Phase IV

Phase III

Phase II

Kato Phase III $125

Life-Like Phase II $20

Walthers Train Line $50
Phase V

Phase IV

Phase III

Phase II

Note that these images are the property of the manufacturers and in no way am I claiming them as mine.

Michigan Railfan

Thanks, ABC. Now, me and him were wondering, in that Kato picture that has the two F40's, does that include both F40's for 125 dollars (that's what it is on Walthers.com)? We were wondering because he was planning on getting that set, if it included both of them, and if they're both powered.
So, to sum it all up. Does that two pack include both of those F40's, and are they both powered?

ABC

No, the 2 unit set is N scale only and is $190, the HO locos are $125 each and available in 3 different numbers.