News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC problem

Started by jaysbird, February 15, 2010, 01:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysbird

Sirs:
  I have several N scale Precision Craft Model E7A sound equipped for dc & dcc units,  using the Bachmann E-Z command control center model #44901, while running my units and attempted to see what sounds function I have inadvertently seemed to have shut them off.  Reading all the inst for the unit and the command co9ntrol center I can not see how to get the sound function back on.  Additionally the only sounds that appeared to function were the Bell and Horn?  Can you advise me on how to get sound turned back on, and what to do to get the sound for diesel, brake squeal and other sounds associated with the Precision Craft Model to function. V/R J M Redway Jr 

Jim Banner

Some decoders use function 8 to mute the sound.  Others may use different functions.  This is built into the decoder, not into the DCC system used to activate the functions.  Check with the locomotive manufacturer if it came with DCC factory installed or check with the decoder manufacturer if it is an after market installation.  Generally, operating instructions for a decoder should come with it and should be available from the installer (if known) and from the decoder manufacturer.  They should also be able to tell you what sounds to expect.  Some low cost sound decoders produce only bell and horn sounds.  Other, more expensive ones, produce a full range of sounds.  No use searching for sounds if the decoder does not produce them.

Good luck.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.