News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new royal gorge train set

Started by gfox, November 05, 2009, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfox

The new royal gorge train set is dc powered. I have a NCE power cab control and was wondering what modules I can buy to fit the locomotive to go dcc.

ABC

Any standard NMRA HO decoder will work fine, you will just have to hard wire it because it is not "DCC-ready", which in Bachmann's words means having an 8-pin socket & plug.

Ken S.

What's the deal with that coach included with the set?

gfox

I talked to bachmann today and they really discourge you from modifying the loco to dcc, to difficult. Maybe ,maybe not.
Has anyone wired their layout to switch back and forth from dc to dcc so they can run the old stuff and then run the new dcc locos.

pipefitter

A couple of questions about this set... Who is the manufacturer of the coach car? I've only seen Amfleet and full dome cars from Bachmann. In another thread, discussing couplers with this set, it is noted that the couplers on the two cars are mounted differently from one another.

I see the two locomotives are listed as F7's, A & B units, both powered, and apparently not DCC ready. Are these Bachmann? When I was into model railroading years ago, Bachmann was producing the F9's with a pancake motor. When I returned to the hobby recently they are producing the FT's with can motors. Whose are these F7's?

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=3089

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

rockymidlandrr

Well if these engines are the FT chasis with a F7 shell over it, installing/hard wiring a decoder will be pretty easy.  I dont know why Bachmann would say that particular engine is too hard to modify.