So what causes a post to be removed?

Started by Robertj668, February 16, 2010, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertj668

I have read the code of conduct and do my best to follow the rules closely.  However for the first time a post of mine was deleted. I am just curiously why it was? There was nothing offensive, no personal attacks. My only guess is that there could of been a "copyright" or "trademark" infringement as I linked to another company but even then I have seen that before too and not topic removal either.  My last guess is it may of have to do with the sport team on the train itself and this may be the trademark infringement.

I guess I would of liked to know why a Post was removed especially if you are the one That created the topic.

Has anyone else had a post removed and what was it for?

Robert

ABC

I did once. Once, I posted an image of a loco of a rival manufacturer that included info like the release date and price. I did not realize at the time what I had actually posted, but it infringed upon the code of conduct and I apologized to Bachmann.

Robertj668

To Mr Bachmann
Sorry about code of conduct rules being broken. But if you let me know how I broke it that would help me in the future.
Robert

Jim Banner

Robert,
Was it a thread started by you that was removed?  Or was it a post to an existing thread?  Sometimes a whole thread is removed because someone else makes an inappropriate post to that thread.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Robertj668

Jim

It was my thread to start. You got got me wondering now if someone did say anything inappropriate now. 

Robert