Floor spacing measurement needed

Started by buzz, February 22, 2010, 06:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Hi all
I have some perspex that I plan on using for making high rises out of
both as flats and semi detailed background buildings. have done this before
on an it looks right so it is basis
However this time the buildings will be closer to the viewer so I need to know the correct floor spacing and floor thicknesses on high rise buildings to enforce the looks right part of it.
Can any one assist.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but its never finished

pdlethbridge

I think the floor spacing would be 10' but if the building were further away you could change that to 8' or 7' to force the perspective. further away doesn't need the detail but close up does, Roof details, fire escapes, drains, etc, even pigeons. If you don't want people to look closely at the building, have another site near by that will grab their attention.

buzz

Quote from: pdlethbridge on February 22, 2010, 06:32:36 AM
I think the floor spacing would be 10' but if the building were further away you could change that to 8' or 7' to force the perspective. further away doesn't need the detail but close up does, Roof details, fire escapes, drains, etc, even pigeons. If you don't want people to look closely at the building, have another site near by that will grab their attention.

The plan err we all have those :).
Is to reduce the level detail slowly as you move back into the scene.
Had planned on putting one of those funny small UK containers on the roof
as some sort of equipment housing lifts maybe?? not sure what roof top air-con equipment looks like though maybe one of those small Kato Japanese style containers might do for that with a couple of fan housings fitted.
Like the bird idea I have done that before to a small degree only it was sea gulls as they where the appropriate bird "Mine! mine! mine! damned savages"  :) ;) ;D
Regards John
A model railway can be completed but its never finished