Lolz another james problem (for me anyway)

Started by JD417, April 07, 2010, 04:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD417

mr bachmann is it just me or are the tender engines stronger foward then the are backwards?

because i had james pulling spencers special coach and special brake coach (i think james looks good with those coaches) and it was just fine, but backwards he barely moved  :-\ and then wilbert had to come help him out!

Wilbert;  :D

James;   :-[

Michael

It all has to do with the direction.  Remember Edward's Exploit when he had the coaches loosened to help them start each other into motion?  Same thing, but there is no force (engine) causing the coaches to help James push.  He is trying to move all of them at once instead of (when moving forward) moving the first coach and having the first coach help the second.    Try putting weight in James to help him hold to the rails.

JD417

Quote from: Michael on April 07, 2010, 10:58:05 AMTry putting weight in James to help him hold to the rails.

i cant i gave him an open cab so there is no more room...

if u look here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2esNFxE4g and go to 1:30 it will show it

PerfectPercy

Either way, James is a bad engine when pulling. He basically struggles with 3 coaches. A fourth would put him in a spasm of spinning his wheels (such as Gordon in the RWS story by Rev. W. Awdry's son). He should be able to push the 2 coaches though (if on a flat grade). He can push 3 on my layout (what's started of it) on a flat surface. Going up hills is hard on him with 3 coaches. On a shallow grade he can do it with much wheel spin. Actually, James' shudders on hills. It's like there is no power to the track in places but that isn't the case. With no load there is no stalling then starting again. I am confused on that part.