News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pro Box computer hookup

Started by madmax, February 21, 2010, 06:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmax

OK I got the pro box and want to hook it up to my laptop, but the problem is that none of my laptops have any of the connections for the cable that came in the box. so what do I have to do to get it to work?????

Robertj668

MadMax

What does the instructions say?  I searched Yahoo, youtube and Bachmann website and found nothing on it.  What parts it came with it?  I would like to get the Dynamis and eventually the Pro as well.  I assumed that it would of connected to the computer through a USB port.  if you have any pictures of the ports or wire that may help others to figure it out. Hopefully someone may have the answer. 

I am going to follow this post and see how it tuns out.

Robert

madmax

The instructions don't say much other than it is a ECoSLink. It looks like a PS2, but will not fit PS2. I have searched and have not found any info yet. I think Bachmann should have made it firewire.

Bruce_Bennett

Hello,
I'm a Dynamis/Pro owner too. The cable you revieved with your Pro Box is an interface cable for interfacing to the ESU control system. They concider the Dynamis a slave device, not a controller! The Pro Box is just a Booster! I did talk to folks at Bachman the other day and they said that ESU is comming out with a firmware upgrade for the Dynamis allowing it to talk to other systems, and possably PC's.  This is due out by end of 2010. I guess that's better then a poke in the eye with a stick! Get on the ESU forum.  Bug them for the interface! I am.  I don't think they realize they have customers in the US. Stay tuned.

Bruce