Don't try this with your model

Started by RAM, February 26, 2010, 01:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestSnowman

Wow, I'd hate to be one of the pedestrians down there.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

pdlethbridge

at least they weren't playing on the tracks. I wonder how his traction motors are doing?

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

jettrainfan

*grabs some G scale track, a hose and a LGB 0-4-0* Well, they said it could stand water! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

on30gn15

Quote from: pdlethbridge on February 26, 2010, 02:15:18 PM
at least they weren't playing on the tracks. I wonder how his traction motors are doing?
Might be a diesel hydraulic.

Or if it has traction motors -->

In 1958 PRR's GG1 fleet was put out of service by a superfine snow that got through Japanese silk snow screens over air intakes and then into traction motors where it shorted out armature windings.

As result of that PRR mechanical department developed an epoxy coating which allowed motors to even be operated submerged.
See Alvin Staufer's book Pennsy Power for the tale.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

jward

that locomotive appears to be some sort of emd export model. emd doesn't build locomotives with hydraulic transmissions, other than a few well known examples. so it definitely has traction motors.

did anybody catch the speed limit sign that says "20"?

being in argentina, that means 20 kph or about 12 mph. i guess down there engineers don't have to obey speed restrictions. up here he's have been in serious trouble for going that fast.....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

NarrowMinded

thats wild, I find it really funny that after getting drenched the people re open their umbrella's I geuss it makes them feel a little dryer.

NM

pdlethbridge

They didn't want to get their umbrellas wet :o

Guilford Guy

Quote from: jward on February 27, 2010, 10:48:16 AM
being in argentina, that means 20 kph or about 12 mph. i guess down there engineers don't have to obey speed restrictions. up here he's have been in serious trouble for going that fast.....
Must be fun getting something like that back on the tracks when you can't even see the railheads!
Alex