Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command Reverse loop wiring

Started by ryeguyisme, March 02, 2010, 01:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryeguyisme

Okay now with a reverse loop module, how would one say wire this?:

Jim Banner

gap both rails where shown in red.  If this gives a return loop that is shorter than your longest train then move the gaps as shown in blue.  The lower gaps shown in blue can be moved around the end, right up to the beginning of the uppermost turnout.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Doneldon

The reversing and therefore shorting problem is the diagonal track through the middle, not the end curve.  Depending on the actual size of the various segments of rail, I'd isolate and wire that middle diagonal as the reverse loop.  If the track segments are too short, then do it as Jim says.

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

I knew there was something fishy about this layout....I just couldn't put my finger on it in the short time I had yesterday...

You can only turn your train around from clock-wise to counter-clock-wise on this layout.   

You will have to back your train through the diagonal portion of the turn around loop to go clock-wise again. 

(Flippety-Floppity-Gill Action)

Not my cup of tea...

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ryeguyisme

Well you're only looking at it from a basic point of view, heres the actual layout:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/ryeguyisme/GD2.png for a better view

and here is a cropped view of the area in question

Jim Banner

If the diagonal track across the river is long enough for your longest train, then you can do what Doneldon suggests.  But if it is not, then what I suggested will work.  Note that the turnout near the river is then part of the reversing track whereas in what Doneldon suggests, it is not.  This subtle difference allows you to move the gaps across the river if you need the length in the reversing track, which generally needs to be as long as your longest train (there are exceptions.)  The down side is that your reverse loop has three entrances, one via the track coming from the tunnel and two from beyond that turnout near the river.  This leaves open the possibility to two trains trying to enter the loop at the same time.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Joe Satnik

What is the source of the drawing?
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ryeguyisme

The drawing of John Allen's Second Gorre & Daphetid :)