News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forney Locomotive

Started by Pacific Northern, March 04, 2010, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Please release the Forney locomotive engine in HO scale.

This engine is now available in large scale as well as On30. I certainly would be interested in a couple of these engines if they were available in HO.

Pacific Northern

ryeguyisme

there weren't many forney style locomotives in the standard gauge, the best thing bachmann could do is make a Boston and Albany, CNJ, style commuter engine such as the 4-6-6t

Pacific Northern

Yes I was aware that the Forney was also produced in narrow guage. 

An article I read recently on the Forney locomotive was that there were over 500 of these engines produced and that they were mainly used on the early elevated train lines in the large cities like New York and Boston.  They were also used by some of the Harbor Lines.

Once the electric engines were perfected and produced   the Forney was quickly replaced and during that time frame the used Forney engines were showing up on mining, lumber and short lines across Americal.  Forney engines were even sent to Alaska.
Pacific Northern

Hellhound

The Forneys are my favorite ON30 locomotives, I have two of them. If there was a Forney style locomotive available in HO scale, standard gauge, I would have one.
I also would like to have a Mason bogey, like this one that belonged to the Nickel Plate Road, http://www.ironhorse129.com/prototype/MasonBogie/WLE_0-6-6.htm