Historical accyracy ? how about just running trains ?

Started by ta152h0, April 04, 2010, 01:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

just got as new wood load so i thought I'dgo run a train around the track. BTW is it possible to put steam sound in such a small tender ?. And this evening the train table , errr dinner table, wa sreclaimed by the leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoreYDJA-Rw

pdlethbridge

Good thing the pilot truck is on the track, or was that someone else! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

full maxx

The 4-4-0 I got my little engineer for his birthday came with the option of wood for the tender and he wanted it switched to wood and when I did he wanted it switched back...so coal it is
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ta152h0

Ikeep a better eye on front trucks now. the front trucks of my4-8-4 resets the computer when jumping the tracks.

OldTimer

Here's some historical accuracy for you:  derailments are unacceptable.  If you watch, you can figure out what is causing each derailment and fix it, thereby keeping your       4-8-4 off the ties.  Look for vertically misaligned joints and for kinks.  Other sources of frustration are ballast in flangeways and other inappropriate places, poorly designed turnouts that expose the end of the points to the oncoming wheels, and out of guage wheels.  And finally, operating equipment that is too big for the curve radius...REGARDLESS of what the catalog says is physically possible.  All these things are fixable and fixing them will greatly improve your model railroading experience.  Hope this helps.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.