News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ground throw for turnouts

Started by whm2255, April 02, 2010, 01:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whm2255

Has anyone used Caboose Industries ground throws with Bachmann EZ turnouts?  If so how were they installed?

Thanks,
whm2255

pdlethbridge

I thought that all of the backmann turnouts were remote control, thus no need for a ground throw.

whm2255

One can buy manual Bachmann turnouts.  All of the remote Bachmann turnouts that I have can be thrown manually.  All of the turnouts on the rail lines that I grew up with were manually thrown.  I thought it might be interesting to have ground throws on my turnouts.  Guess I will have to purchase a couple and try them.  Seems as if no one uses these.  But thanks anyway.

whm2255

full maxx

yeah all my turnouts/crossovers have a little slide switch for manual operation
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

OldTimer

I have used Caboose Industries ground throws in both N and HO.  They work fine.  I don't use EZ Track, so I can't say exactly how to attach a ground throw, but you'd have to start by making a pad out of cork roadbed to butt up to the EZ Track turnout.  You might have to shim the ground throw to get it at the proper height.  I'd use a model that has a spring in it.  Those model numbers end in an S....like 202S.  You'll have to figure out how to connect the ground throw to the turnout's throw bar.  Good luck.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.