News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Klutzy with my FM H16-44

Started by on30gn15, March 14, 2010, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on30gn15

It just ain't my week or my today.

Only had the thing two months and yesterday had a generally klutzy day and succeeded in  breaking some handrail stanchions on the N&W Fairbanks Morse H16-44.  :-[

And cannot find the paperwork with part numbers to get replacements.  >:(

What do I need to do to get a new parts diagram paper from y'all?
Got a pdf to download?

Here's what I broke

Also need directions to see how it comes apart so I can repaint the engineer dudes.

Hey, just for grins tried it on my On30 industrial track and that H16-44 will go around 9 inch radius curves. Trippin!

later,
FSW
Boonville, Missouri
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

ABC

on30gn15

Thanks.
It seems to show entire body assembly with no separate info on railings.
later, Forrest

ABC

They may just be considered to be the same part number as the shell, so you might just have to get a whole shell.

pipefitter

Do you think you could glue or epoxy those rails back in place then touch them up with a little black paint? Looks like just five spots. You might not be able to do them all at once. And remember with glue or coatings, clean surface preparation is 90% of the job.

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

on30gn15

I don't know.
Having doubts of being successful with that because they seem to be molded in a more flexible plastic of the same sort of slippery plastic as a lot of the freight car trucks.
What glue is going to hold that stuff?
And yet be flexible enough to hold when my body is a bit out of coordination and I don't get a hold of it quite how I'd intended to.
later, Forrest

Chris350

I would say write or call service department.  Describe what you need.  I've had very good luck getting handrails and the like from various manufacturers.  Those flexible plastic (celerin ? delerin ?) nightmares are just that.  I miss metal rails.  By the way, make sure that you ask for them in the right color, cause they are a major (*&%^(&^% to paint.  Nothing sticks to them well with out a bunch of prep.  I am at the sandblast with baking soda stage. I've tried plastic prep, no dice.  Tried a weak vinegar wash.. meh slightly better.  Sandblast next.  Already do it for all my white metal castings and it work like a charm.

richg

Been there, done that, have the T shirt, bought the new shell that includes railings.
If you are good, 5 minute epoxy might work. Apply adhesive with tooth picks Keep a large boxcar load of patience nearby.

Rich

on30gn15

Quote from: Chris350 on March 15, 2010, 04:23:03 PMSandblast next.  Already do it for all my white metal castings and it work like a charm.
How is that done on something so small?
later, Forrest

Chris350

Quote from: on30gn15 on March 15, 2010, 05:04:24 PM
Quote from: Chris350 on March 15, 2010, 04:23:03 PMSandblast next.  Already do it for all my white metal castings and it work like a charm.
How is that done on something so small?
With this, or something similar.