New automatic couplers for 'N' Scale US AND UK?

Started by dtpowell, September 16, 2009, 03:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtpowell

Hello Bachmann,

I was just visiting the UK Graham Farish side of your world. I saw an announcement
that I need a validation for. Is it true Bachmann is finally adding a NEW magnetic automatic coupler for 'N' scale models? Or am I dreaming. UK models too? I saw it in black and white, but having trouble adjusting to the possible reality. YeeHaw if soo... Thanks, Dave

Williamson

I heard that Bachmann had samples (on your 50' flat) of these at the iHobby show.

Hey Bach Man can you give us some pics?

the Bach-man

Hi, Guys-
It's true, and I'll try to get some decent pictures at Trainfest next week.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

dtpowell

Thank you Bachmann. You've made my day! I look forward to seeing them. I will plan to convert my Graham Farish to these new couplers. I have a hunch the conversions will be fairly simple.
Best Regards,
Dave Powell

Williamson

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
The box with the N Scale flats never made it to Milwaukee, so the pics will have to come from Philly. I'll request them asap!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Williamson

poliss

Is there any more news about the new coupler?

the Bach-man

Hi, Mark,
The new cars should arrive soon, and we'll get pictures up when they do. They will have the new couplers.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

blaustem

I recently ordered 4 of the n scale Amfleet coaches, One came with Rapido couplers, and three with the new knuckle types. I queried Brooklyn Locomotive Works, where I ordered them, and they were as suprised as I was. They checked their stock of the cars, and everything else they had came with Rapido's. I then called Bachmann and the folks in Philly were eqyally perplexed. How's that for good communication from the other side of the pond!

That said, the new couplers are huge... almost 15% larger than MicroTrains'. The good news is they do connect, so I'm thankful for that.

ABC

So you're talking about the dummy knuckle couplers right?