News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new layout options

Started by Rickenbacker 325, May 13, 2008, 05:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickenbacker 325

Mr. bachmann is there ever going to be an E-Z track turntable and roundhouse because I am starting a new layout with the E-Z track system. Also could the turntable be DCC.

Thanks. ;)

Jim Banner

It i s not too hard to adapt an Atlas turntable to use with E-Z track.  I am not sure what "Also could the turntable be DCC. " means.  Do you want to use the turntable with DCC  power on the rails?  No problem.  The rails are already wired for dc and DCC operation.  Or do you want to be able to control the turntable with your DCC system?  Again no problem.  Just use the motorized version but connect the turntable motor to your DCC system through a decoder.  When you select that decoder, your throttle's speed control will control the speed of the turntable and its direction switch will control the direction the turntable turns.  You could even use the lighting outputs of the decoder to control the roundhouse lights.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jgaynor

I am curious to know if Bachmann has any plans to come out with a DCC controled motorized turntable I'm in the planning stages of building a shelf layout for my 2yo son with EZ track for Thomas and His Friends

This might be an option they would produce for the Tidmouth Shed Kit.
I do it all for the love of my son Cameron

ABC

And they already make an E-Z track turntable (manual), but you can just as easily use an atlas turntable to do everything you want to do as Jim explained.

tford

I haven't seen a Bachmann turn table in their on line catalog.

ABC

Well it's there, you probably aren't looking in the right place. Here's a picture of it with the roundhouse:   Price: $175.00 (Includes Roundhouse) Product Code: 45236

tford

Thanks, I was looking in the wrong place.

jgaynor

ok so we know that bachmann has the Tidmoth shed/Turntable. But does anyone know know if it can be motorized and controlled by DCC I would assume by the proceeding post that it might be like the atlas. maybe Bachmann could look into the possibility of motorizing the turntable

ABC

Why bother with the Bachmann turntable (that also insludes the roundhouse), when all you need is an atlas turntable and motor and your set. All you need is a bit of cork roadbed to make the track level.

jgaynor

When your building a Thomas the Train themed layout having Tidmouth Shed is sort of a must and since Atlas doesn't make it I guess I'm stuck with Bachmann

Jhanecker2

Check to see if the Atlas motor drive could be adapted to turn the crank on the bachmann turntable , after all thats what it does for the Atlas manual turntable .  John II.

jgaynor

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on March 16, 2010, 10:38:49 PM
Check to see if the Atlas motor drive could be adapted to turn the crank on the bachmann turntable , after all thats what it does for the Atlas manual turntable .  John II.

John
Thanks I'll have to see if that works when I get the Kit