Started by ta152h0, March 20, 2010, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkyjay31

You might want to get that front pilot back on track! ;D
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

ta152h0

Fixed. Now i have to work keeping a 4-8-4 on track.Now that my favorite model railroad club folded up, i have to crank up my own one man club.

ABC

What radius are you curves? Please don't tell me anything less than 22"

ta152h0

18 inch R. Works well for the speeds I am running the locomotives. I need to add weight to the very light tender of the 4-8-4. I made a mold to fit the internal contour and will fill the cavity with some lead weights.

ABC

The reason you are having trouble keeping it on track is because you are trying to run it on 18" radius and the recommended radius is 22". If you have room for 22" radius it would pay dividends down the line and decrease the occurrence of derailments, uncoupling, etc...

Pacific Northern

The Spectrum 4-6-0 engine runs fine on 18" radius track.  I have never seen a notice recommending 22" radius track for it.  It may look better on larger track but it certainly is not required.
Pacific Northern

ABC

Quote from: Pacific Northern on March 22, 2010, 10:45:54 PM
The Spectrum 4-6-0 engine runs fine on 18" radius track.  I have never seen a notice recommending 22" radius track for it.  It may look better on larger track but it certainly is not required.
We were talking about his 4-8-4, just to clarify...
Quote from: ta152h0 on March 22, 2010, 05:40:56 PM
Fixed. Now i have to work keeping a 4-8-4 on track.Now that my favorite model railroad club folded up, i have to crank up my own one man club.

Pacific Northern

Woops, I missed that. You are so right that the 4-8-4 belongs on 22" radius rail.
Pacific Northern