Disneyland lettered loco & rolling stock

Started by norman, March 29, 2010, 12:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norman

Sunday, March 28 , 2010

Dear Mr. Bachmann:

1) - where in the on line catalog are the open air passenger cars located ?
    - same roof as the J&S cars but no sides

2) - will you be lettering these in the Disneyland roadname with a Christmas red
       letter board and gold leaf lettering ?
    - will you be lettering your Forney as "Fred Gurley" for the Disneyland RR ?

Thank you

Norman

Hamish K

As far as I know Bachmann has never released any excursion cars in ON30, neither the Jackson Sharpe open sided (available in HO and N) nor the other type described simply as "open sided excursion car" (which is available in HO). A number of us have been asking for ON30 excursion cars of either type - my preference is for the non Jackson Sharpe version, but either, or preferably both, would be fine. I am hoping these may be among the ON30 goodies which we have been promised will be announced at the NMRA convention next summer (as always, we have been given no hint as to what these goodies will be!).

Hamish

NarrowMinded

The thought of a Disney RTR forney and rolling stock has me dreaming of swapping the g scale out of my kids room for a Disney set in ON30, I have visions of scratch building all the Disneyland stations to put on each wall and an animated Small world and dinosaur tunnel Like here in California.

I better keep this to myself or my wife will kill me and my kids likely would pester me into the insane asylum.

NM

C.S.R.R. Manager

You would also need a model monorail gliding overhead as you approach the Tomorrowland station.

Manager

NarrowMinded

Funny you mentioned the mono rail I saw a couple old sets for sale on craigslist a while back, I don't remember what scale they where though.

NM

C.S.R.R. Manager

I don't think they actually mention the scale, so one would have to compare the dims of the model monorail to the real thing, but I think it's pretty close.  Then you would need some cars with oversize riders for the Autopia, some really fancy modeling work for the Peoplemover, and maybe some boats with submarine covers for the the sub ride, and you've recaptured some of the kinetic frenzy of the former Tomorrowland.  Add a backdrop with the castle and Matterhorn, and there you go.

And yes, I've thought about this.  See you at the asylum.

NarrowMinded

If I model it for today I can leave out the people mover, there is nothing left of it but the overhead track.

NM