News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New liveries for the passenger cars.

Started by Hamish K, March 20, 2010, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

In a post below on another topic,  there was a mention of unlettered passenger cars being available in burgundy and black. These have now appeared on the online product list and show that the baggage, passenger car, combine and observation car are available separately in this livery.  The observation car is also available in unlettered olive green. This is, I think, the first time that the observation car has been available outsie of a train set.

I am interested in the colour of the bugundy cars - is it the same as that previously used for the Ohio River and Western, and PRR passenger cars (were those the same colour)?

I would have liked these available earlier - a reddish colour is more appropriate for my line than the green I currently have! Still, a welcome move.

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear Hamish,
The R&W cars were a chocolate brown. The new cars will be a burgundy color.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

NKline

The burgundy color on the new cars is the color that was used on the PRR cars.

-Nate

Quote from: Hamish K on March 20, 2010, 07:17:48 PM
In a post below on another topic,  there was a mention of unlettered passenger cars being available in burgundy and black. These have now appeared on the online product list and show that the baggage, passenger car, combine and observation car are available separately in this livery.  The observation car is also available in unlettered olive green. This is, I think, the first time that the observation car has been available outsie of a train set.

I am interested in the colour of the bugundy cars - is it the same as that previously used for the Ohio River and Western, and PRR passenger cars (were those the same colour)?

I would have liked these available earlier - a reddish colour is more appropriate for my line than the green I currently have! Still, a welcome move.

Hamish

Hamish K