News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sodor Maps

Started by ThomasFan247, April 26, 2010, 08:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Hey guys,
Im makng a track plan for when I get my own place and I'm hoping to base it on Sodor. Can anyone post some maps of different Sodor places, mainly Tidmouth, Knapford, and Elsbridge? I'll accept others aswell. Ty  ;D

-Christian

Richie

Doubt if this will help much, but I have a map of The Rev. W Awdry's Tidmouth-Knapford model railway, if you like. 8)
Join my Thomas and modelling forums at http://modelsofsodor.proboards.com/index.cgi/ Please, we only have 3 members!

shining time

can you by any chance a pic of on the board.
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Check "The Real Lives of Thomas the Tank Engine". There are plenty of maps there.

Cheeky_ULP

Unless you're doing N scale, you'll need a LOT of space do to all those.

Which is why I wish there was a bigger N scale range for Thomas models. :P

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Sparks on April 27, 2010, 11:33:25 PM

I'm doing it in HO. And, yes, I'll need a lot of space but I'll be picking and choosing different destinations. So if anyone can post any TV SERIES maps that would help :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on April 29, 2010, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: Sparks on April 27, 2010, 11:33:25 PM

I'm doing it in HO. And, yes, I'll need a lot of space but I'll be picking and choosing different destinations. So if anyone can post any TV SERIES maps that would help :)
The TV series really has no maps. Each Season the scenes were changed and different layouts were made. There's no consistency in the show. Your best luck is to do your own thing. :P

PerfectPercy

Watch a few episodes. Knapford never really changed much (don't take into account the background changes (harbor to town) as the series went on). Tidmouth didn't under-go major change either. If you are looking for good destinations, I would suggest Knapford, Tidmouth Sheds, Brendam Docks, Wellsworth, Gordon's Hill, Henry's Tunnel, and Ellsbridge.

I'm currently making a layout and I am doing an exact replica of Henry's Tunnel from Season 1. I am also making a Gordon's Hill based on the Railway Series. Knapford is a maybe. I don't have the space (or need) for all 6 platforms, so I may just make something of a Ellsbridge. My harbor is a mix of harbors and my own freelance and Tidmouth Sheds is the same way.

Go with what you think is right. Watch a lot of episodes and you can match up how the destinations come together and you can easily see how each destination is made up. I've done that when looking to build Wooden Railway again (hasn't happened). It isn't hard. Focus on certain scenes not ones that change every season (i.e. Brendam Docks changed almost every season leading to season 6.)