News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Command #44902

Started by Trainutrico, May 06, 2010, 02:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainutrico

Hi,
I just bought an E-Z Command Control and seem to have a problem with the whistle function.
I press the F2 button and the whistle goes on BUT STAYS ON after releasing the button.  I have to press the F2 button a second time to make it stop.  With an MRC Prodigy DCC Control the whistle stops the moment I release the F2 button.  Is this normal?  Is my E-Z Control defective?   >:(
I don't want to send it for repair and find out that it is supposed to act that way!!!
Thank you,

ABC

This is completely normal, you have to push the button a second time to turn off the whistle, bell, or horn. If you were to send it in, you would get the same controller back with a note that says nothing was wrong with it, and you'd be out about $10 for shipping. If you read the instruction manual first you would have found out that this is normal and your unit is not defective.

Trainutrico

Thanks for the info.  There was no instruction manual in the box, unless it was on the CD that came with the control.  I even went into uTube where they have 4 videos explaining the E-Z Command and they just mention the whistle briefly.

Joe323

The Instruction Manual is also here on the website as a PDF.