Free DVD "Dynamis - Guide to Digital Railways"

Started by rogertra, May 07, 2010, 09:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

One of my UK magazines, "British Railway Modelling", April 2010 had attached a free DVD entitled  "Dynamis - Guide to Digital Railways".

This is an excellent DVD and was provided free to all issues of the April magazine, not limited to subscribers as a certain North American magazine does with special offers.  As in "You are currently not logged in. This article is only available to Model Railroader subscribers."

The DVD was produced by Bachmann Europe Plc and I'm wondering why Bachmann North America doesn't do the same thing for North American purchasers of any North American magazine.  In fact, attaching free DVDs and or CDs to UK magazines isn't that uncommon yet I've never seen it done with a North American hobby magazine.

Well, how about Mr. Bach Man?

JerryB

Rogertra, All:

This sounds like it could be an important resource for anyone considering the Dynamis (TM) system.

Who produced and paid for the DVD? Was it Bachmann UK, British Railway Modeling, or Bachmann's Asian overseers? I wonder why something like this (especially if produced by B'mann) wouldn't be available on the internet? Perhaps because of the file size? But isn't most of this just text? Was it positive about the Dynamis System?.

I suggest that your veiled 'attack' on Garden Railways is kind of unfair. Every producer has a right to payment for their efforts, and Garden Railways, in my opinion, is a leader in providing lots of free internet content, while still rewarding their paying customers (ie: subscribers) with 'premium'  content.

Do you have an objection to registering on a site that proides lots of useful content without demanding that you subscribe? You did that here in order to post.

Of course, this comes from a very long-time Garden Railways & Kalmbach Magazines (paying) subscriber.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

ps: Going to be interesting to see what Bachmann's U.S. rep's reply to this thread.
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

rogertra

Quote from: JerryB on May 07, 2010, 10:01:36 PM
Rogertra, All:

This sounds like it could be an important resource for anyone considering the Dynamis (TM) system.

Who produced and paid for the DVD? Was it Bachmann UK, British Railway Modeling, or Bachmann's Asian overseers? I wonder why something like this (especially if produced by B'mann) wouldn't be available on the internet? Perhaps because of the file size? But isn't most of this just text? Was it positive about the Dynamis System?.

I suggest that your veiled 'attack' on Garden Railways is kind of unfair. Every producer has a right to payment for their efforts, and Garden Railways, in my opinion, is a leader in providing lots of free internet content, while still rewarding their paying customers (ie: subscribers) with 'premium'  content.

Do you have an objection to registering on a site that proides lots of useful content without demanding that you subscribe? You did that here in order to post.

Of course, this comes from a very long-time Garden Railways & Kalmbach Magazines (paying) subscriber.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

ps: Going to be interesting to see what Bachmann's U.S. rep's reply to this thread.

As it says in my post "The DVD was produced by Bachmann Europe Plc"

What do you mean by "I suggest that your veiled 'attack' on Garden Railways is kind of unfair."

Garden Railways? The quote is as follows "This article is only available to Model Railroader subscribers."  I don't see any veiled attack on "Garden Railways", do you?

Anyway, it's more than a text DVD as it's DVD, which implies video.  :)

Yes, I look forward to Bachmann's response as well.