News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ready grass mat

Started by full maxx, May 25, 2010, 06:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

What can I use to "glue" down the grass mat to the wooden table top I'm guessing some type of plastic glue so it won't melt the underside of the mat...also will a hair dryer get creases out of the mat, I know you can shape it with a heat gun
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

OldTimer

Liquid Nails for Projects is a good general purpose adhesive that is safe for plastics.
Jim
Just workin' on the railroad.

full maxx

look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

full maxx

The label for liquid nails for projects says on the label.... not for use with plastics, so I got a spray cay and it's not quite what I wanted so I'll get something different today and try again

OldTimer

Maybe the formula for Liquid Nails for Projects has changed...I haven't bought any in several years, but I have stuck a LOT of styrofoam together with it.  Woodland Scenics makes a product called Foam Tack Glue that should be safe, although I have no personal experience with it.
Jim
Just workin' on the railroad.

Joe323

What type of grass mat it?  Most of the ones I have seen over the years have a paper backing with loose flecks of grass glued on If this is the case would not white glue do the trick?

full maxx

it is woodland scenics ready grass mat...vinyl backing

ebtbob

It has been posted on this forum several times,  but is worth repeating,  when in doubt as to what adhesive to use,  go to

www.thistothat.com
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org