News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

please help

Started by choo_choo, May 27, 2010, 03:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choo_choo

I have a lot of brand new in box train sets that I do not want or need. They are all ho bachman made sets, I have 39 boxes that must go. How should I go about selling? Tux for any help. Please reply to applineman@Gmail.com with any suggestions. Thx

full maxx

look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

CNE Runner

Choo_choo: You could procure a table at a local model railroad show. Unfortunately at $25+/table this may not be cost effective. Another avenue is eBay. Again, there are costs involved as well as the hassle of sending the merchandise to the seller. You could donate the sets to a charity and take the tax credit.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Joe Satnik

Dear Choo-Choo,

Sell them on E-bay, one at a time, or consign them to someone else to sell on Ebay.  

(There's a definite learning curve if you haven't sold before.)

Look for that set in "completed auctions" to learn a "buy it now" price if you choose to offer it that way.

Are they all the same set?  What is (are) the item #(s)?  (Usually a 5 digit number starting with zero.)

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

BestSnowman

You could try the HO Yard Sale, I've found some good deals and sold and traded some stuff: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOYARDSALE/
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

Doneldon

choo2 -

I strongly recommend against consigning the sets to someone who will do the ebay listing for you.  You'll find that you supply the merchandise, you pay all fees, and you see only a little, very little money.  A charitable contribution would probably be worth more in your pocket.

ebay is a good idea though it's a little daunting at first.  Why not get your feet wet, if they aren't already, with an ad on Craig's list?  It's free and you may find some local buyers, obviating the need for shipping.  This will only be a limited success, however, unless you live in a fairly large city.  Craig's list can only sell so many train sets in a small town.  But it is a good way to start learning about e-commerce.

Good luck with your train sets.

--D

full maxx

if they get listed ... let us know
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com