News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connector between locomotive and tender

Started by jlg759, May 24, 2010, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlg759

Hello,

I have a spectrum Western Maryland 2-8-0 locomotive and while moving I broke one of the plugs from the tender that plugs into the locomotive. It is the one with two wires. I have the wire and the plug is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Joe

richg

Yes, there is a way to fix it. Order the harness from Bachmann. I had to do that.

Rich

Doneldon

jlg-

Don't you just hate those tiny plugs?  They are so fragile but I suppose Bachmann has to use them or have an unsightly lump hanging between the loco and tender.  I try to reinforce mine with some heat shring tubing.  The ideal solution, I think, would be to use larger plugs and longer wires so the connnection can be pushed into the tender where it won't show.

How 'bout it, Bachmann?

--D

richg

Quote from: Doneldon on May 25, 2010, 02:01:33 AM
jlg-

Don't you just hate those tiny plugs?  They are so fragile but I suppose Bachmann has to use them or have an unsightly lump hanging between the loco and tender.  I try to reinforce mine with some heat shring tubing.  The ideal solution, I think, would be to use larger plugs and longer wires so the connnection can be pushed into the tender where it won't show.

How 'bout it, Bachmann?

--D

No, I do not hate them. That is the reality we live in. These locos are not meant to be moved a lot. That is the original design with the existing technology.
We have to be careful when moving the locos and tenders.
I have a HO PCM A/B unit in Lashed-Up mode and have to remember to be careful when transporting to the club layout. There is a cable between the A/B units with close coupled Kadee couplers.
Just be aware of your surroundings.

Rich