News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

track layouts

Started by oldhippie, May 30, 2010, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhippie

Where can I find a layout guide (figure eights, etc) listing track sections required for HO gauge

OldTimer

Bachmann publishes a very nice soft cover book that discusses building several layouts using EZ Track.  The name escapes me at the moment, but you should be able to find it at your LHS.
Just workin' on the railroad.

jward

atlas publishes a series of similar books for n and ho guages, which are at least as easy to find as the bachmann book. many of these also include assembly instructions for building the layout tables as well.

atlas also publishes a book with 3 rail o guage layouts, but this can be hard to find.

all atlas books have a complete list of track and electrical components required to build each of the layouts.

atlas also has a freeware download of layout planning software, which allows you to custom design your own layout using atlas components.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

oldhippie -

A man after my own heart.

If you are trying to use track sections you already have, I suggest a layout guide published by the manufacturer of your brand.  There are small differences between manufacturers' track which can sometimes make it a bit of a challenge to use one company's track for another company's plans.  This isn't an issue for simple ovals but complications can arise with crossings, sidings and turnouts.

Good luck!
                                                 --D

Joe Satnik

Dear OH,

AnyRail.com is a track CAD program with a free download that contains the EZ-Track library.

http://www.anyrail.com/index_en.html 

Limit is 50 track pieces, buy the program to unlock unlimited track pieces.

Play around with it, have fun.

There are many different Figure-8 track configurations possible with HO EZ-Track.  Your table size is the most important limitation. 

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.