News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GE 70 Tonner Problem

Started by panniertankboy8751, May 29, 2010, 11:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panniertankboy8751

Hi,

I bought the Bachmann GE 70 Tonner Switcher this morning (Item No. 60607), and when I started running it, it sounded like it was making a heck of a lot of clag when it ran. I was wondering if this is a common occurance on these engines. Please help. (There is no sound decoder in there by the way.)

ABC

Many Bachmann standard line (with or without DCC) locos are noisey in comparison to the Bachmann Spectrum models. In other words, it is pretty normal, but it should get better after you break it in for 2 hours. 30min forward, 30min reverse, pick the loco up and flip it around, 30 min forward, 30 min reverse. Repeat as necessary.
If after several hours it is not improving, try applying a bit of oil and lube very sparingly, and wipe off the excess.

richg

Possibility it might have an problem but you will no doubt know something after running it like was recommended. Return it for a replacement if the noise continues.
I have a DC ready 70 tonner that ran very quiet out of the box. It now runs with a LokSound decoder. Like the 44 tonner, it is a sweet loco.

Rich

panniertankboy8751

Thank you both very much!  :)

richg

You might remove she loco shell and watch it run on the track. It might need a drop or two of gear oil.
A small Phillips jewelers screwdriver is all you need.
I put a drop or two on the gears of my 70 ton loco using LaBelle 102.

Rich