News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wheels....

Started by Anubis, May 30, 2010, 03:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anubis

Hello all,

I am currently working on the conversion of an old Peco 4-wheeled open wagon into a mini water tanker, for a special project.

I need a set of 12mm pin point disc wheels, with a width of 25mm. Most US and Bachmann On30 stuff is 26mm, and "ordinary" HO wheels seem to have diameters up to 10.5mm, with some 14mm available. Somehow, 12mm seems to be hard to find.

The original wheels on the wagon are 12mm x 25mm, but are spoked, not disc.

I know that they are available, as I found a brand new set in my junkbox.....alas, only one set, though!

Can anybody from UK or Europe or USA give me a clue as to where I may be able to source these things?

Many thanks to all.
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Anubis

Thanks for the link, ABC....

Those appear to be solid (non-insulated) axles for 3-rail operation, and the specs sheet show them as 26mm.

I will keep searching. ;)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Doneldon

Anubis -

You could try filling the spokes with, say, Squadron Putty and then paint your wheels.  That would at least work as a stop-gap until you find what you really need.  You could have wheels custom turned but that would be oretty spendy, I think.

By the way, when you weigh my heart, does the atherosclerotic part count, or just the heart itself?  This is important to me because, while I have plenty of the latter, I have way too much of the former and I don't want it getting my way during the afterlife.

-- D

jerryl

Try North west Short Lines. They manufacture a LARGE selection.