News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Sound

Started by Pacific Northern, June 01, 2010, 01:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

At first I was very hesitant about acquiring any of the new Spectrum sound equipped steamers. I have a number of BLI steamers and am satisfied with their sound system.

Finally I saw a Spectrum steamer with the factory sound in person at the local model railroad club and became hooked. I had thought that I would only update the Spectrum steamers to DCC but have now decided to go for the sound option as well.

I now have 10 sound equipped Spectrum steamers on my roster. I thought I would buy the Tsunami sound decoders and speakers and update existing locomotives.  It turned out that it was far cheaper for my to buy the engines on line than to upgrade.

I now have too many Spectrum steamers and will have to cull some of the DCC ready engines.

Pacific Northern

Doneldon

PacNo -

Please pardon me if I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who has so many sound locos he has to get rid of some which are only DCC.  It's a dilemna I'd love to suffer.

-- D

Pacific Northern

I am not complaining too much. Worst case scenario is I have a number of spare Spectrum engines should I need them.

I am still surprised that replacement was cheaper than upgrading though. There sure are some good deals on e-bay, especially on my favorite Bachmann dealer.

http://toys.shop.ebay.ca/Bachmann-/19132/i.html?_catref=1&_dmpt=Model_RR_Trains&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=thefavoritespot&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Pacific Northern

Doneldon

PacNo -

Yes, the Favorite Spot has excellent prices and service.  Sometimes their shipping is a little high but I've always had good experiences with them.
                                                                                             -- D

full maxx

and I have heard that the favorite spot is one of a couple dealers that is authorized to sell Bachmann where you can retain the warranty
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

Quote from: full maxx on June 01, 2010, 04:34:29 PM
and I have heard that the favorite spot is one of a couple dealers that is authorized to sell Bachmann where you can retain the warranty
of those that are on ebay