Main Menu

Bachmann HO 52' Flat Cars

Started by caracolesa, May 31, 2010, 12:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caracolesa

What if it looks like this:

O=O

??

Ie, the train is not going back on the same track - it's a one way track.

Doneldon

ABC -

I had no idea you were so artistic!   I'm impressed.  Seriously, you did a great job of visually expressing what several of us have been describing.  Thanx for the assist.

-- D

Doneldon

ABC -

I had no idea you were so artistic!   I'm impressed.  Seriously, you did a great job of visually expressing what several of us have been describing.  Thanx for the assist.

-- D

Doneldon

caracolesa -

No.  That is exactly what we are telling you won't work with the equipment you have, or most any equipment as a matter of fact.  You want an oval, i.e., a circle which is expanded so it is longer in length than in width.
                                                                        -- D

caracolesa

Yes, but I thought that was just with the smaller width table.  I was seeking clarification on whether the initial track layout would work if the table was expanded to 1.2m, and also if the table was expanded to a H shape, so that the middle part was 2.4 x 0.75, and the two ends were 1.8 x 0.75 (with the longer end of the end tables being up against the shorter end of the main table).

ABC

What you want is this:
   _____
/         \
|          |
\_____ /
Everything else is much more complicated especially with DC and DCC is cost prohibitive and is a waste for something so basic.

caracolesa

jward

regardless of table size, the simple oval track will be much easier to wire and operate than the other configuration. the other configuration will require special wiring for the center section between the two loops, and also the throwing of two track switches every time you run your train. the simple oval can be run with just two wires from your power supply to the track.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA