News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Proto 2000 Box Car Kit

Started by ben_not_benny, May 31, 2010, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_not_benny

I recently acquired a Life-Like P2K 50' Automobile Box Car kit for a bargain. It seems to be quite old, as the side of the box said it was the first freight car model to be produced by P2K, which means it was made back in '96 or '97. The kit contains some 30 different parts which are still on their plastic sprues and it was never assembled.

There's only one thing that's missing: the instructions on how to assemble the model. The only kits I've assembled before are some Athearn blue boxes and I don't own any other kits made by P2K. I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the assembly instructions or can help me out because I don't know where to start. I'm going to try contacting Walthers to see if they have a copy of the instructions, but I don't know if they still make these kits or not.

Here are the pictures of the box and its contents:

Woody Elmore

Hi ben_not_benny : I have a Life Like kit stored away - I think it may be the same type box car. I'll be happy to scan the instructions and send them to you in a PDF file.

Can't do it today - am off to see some WW II planes at MacArthur Airport here on LI

Contact me offline at gradprofMMV@msn.com

OldTimer

Ben,
If Woody can't help you, e-mail me at hound_dad@hotmail.com with your address and I'll mail you a copy of the instructions.  I've got several of these kits in my stash.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.