Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

UP Bigboy

Started by jackpat, June 01, 2010, 05:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpat

Is there a new model bigboy with digitrax sound ifv so what isb the number

ABC

What manufacturer are you inquiring about?

jbsmith

Athearn Genesis?
Rivarossi?
BLI?

Santa Fe buff

No, there isn't. You could buy a DCC-ready model and purchase your Digitrax decoder and install it. I suggest that you go for the Broadway-Limited Imports model if you can afford it. It is very nicely detailed. It's sound isn't too bad, if I'm right, it's QSI. I'm positive the decoder may work with a Digitrax system, but you'd might want to check that in. I'm remember there's a type of make the won't go well with Digitrax, but I can't place the name.

What I get, is that jackpat is asking if there is a new (as in not an old model made a while back) Big Boy with a Digitrax decoder installed in it from the factory.

I just thought of this, you might be able to see if anyone has a nice running Big Boy for sale with a Digitrax decoder installed. You know, buy one with your decoder make installed in it from another modeler. Or you could install a Digitrax decoder yourself. If your not good at installing decoders, give one of my friends Ryan a call:
http://www.dccinstalled.com/default.asp

Look at his website, and you'll see he does decoder installation services.  You have to get a quote to see how much it will cost to get it installed. I just posted the link to help him out because I feel to help promote his business a tad, but I would like to stress the consideration of learning to do it yourself. It's a great experience that can be sharpened and become useful. After all, if you can't install the decoders, why not learn how to?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll end up with what you want, or very close to it.

Cheers,
Joshua
- Joshua Bauer