News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DC vs DCC

Started by J-Train, June 13, 2010, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Train

Will the new DCC steam engines run on DC?  Want to purchase several more "J" 's but since I am DC am very concerned.  Can it be done outta the box - I am not talented enough to do any conversions

J-Train

ABC

Yes, all Bachmann DCC equipped locomotives are equipped with dual mode decoders, which means that they will operate on DCC & DC, however this does not mean that it will run just as good on DC with the decoder as it does in DCC. For optimum performance you should remove the decoder before operating it on analog/DC and install the two jumpers provided for standard DC operation. You will see a marked improvement in operation after doing so, all you have to do is remove the shell off of the tender, pull the decoder out of the 8-pin socket and replace with the two jumpers and pop the shell back on. You only need to remove 1 to 3 screws to remove the shell from the tender.

J-Train

Thank you - I think I can handle that!!!!

full maxx

make sure you orientate the jumpers the right way to avoid problems...should have directions with the new locos
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com