News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Boxes for the Bachmann Silver Series

Started by riff99, June 18, 2010, 01:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riff99

I've kind of been a stickler for keeping any freight cars, engines, etc. in their boxes when they aren't being used.  However, I recently ordered some cars that came without their boxes (I guess to save money on their end...who knows).  It's my own fault for not fully reading each item description.  This was a first and safe to say last time I order something before reading EVERY word in an auction.

However, I thought, "what better place to inquire about spare Bachmann boxes than at the Bachmann Forum".

So, here it goes......does anyone have any freight car boxes, specifically for the Silver Series, that they might be willing to sell or give away??  These are the Product # boxes I'm looking for:

BACHMANN HO 40' GONDOLA SOUTHERN #17204
BACHMANN HO 40' GONDOLA BURLINGTON #17216 (NOT LISTED ANY MORE)
BACHMANN HO 40' QUAD HOPPER CSX #17618
BACHMANN HO 40' BOX CAR OPEN-DOOR TOLEDO PEORIA #17032
BACHMANN HO 50' BOX CAR PLUG-DOOR WESTERN MARYLAND #18037

I'm really not worried about the names on each car box.  I guess you could say that all I'm looking for is SS boxes for two 40' Gondolas, one 40' Quad Hopper, one 40' OPEN-DOOR Box Car, and a 50' PLUG-DOOR Box Car.

I honestly don't expect a response, but I feel better about asking.

Thanks Guys.

Kris Everett

actually instead of buying them i have a better idea find sone thin cardboard like the "shoe box stuff" make a box to fith them then cut out a hole. and hot glue some plastic wrap over the opening and paint it. WAY cheaper.

jettrainfan

I think I got the csx hopper box somewhere. Don't know for sure though. If I do , you can have it if you pay for shipping. Can't make any promises though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

riff99

LOL...that idea SOUNDS great, trainboy16, I'm just trying to figure out how to make it happen when I'm gifted with the artistic talent of a gnat.  I may throw that idea at some people I know who might help me understand your concept.  Thanks.

Thanks, jettrainfan.  No promises, I know.  Do I really have to pay the shipping??  ;)  (that's a gimmie)

I really expected no replies, guys.  HOPED...but didn't 'expect'. This Forum ceases to amaze me.  Thank you all!!

Kris Everett

all you have to do is as follows

find some shoe box cardboard
measure the length of the train and height and the width  mark those down on the card board then whats going to be the right side of it when its done cut out a window leaving about .25" on the top and bottom and about 5" on the left and right then place some clear plastic wrap over the hole on the inside and hot glue it down ;D

TB16

Kris Everett

send me a message if u need help again
;D

riff99

TY for the specifics.  I'll drop you a note when the project commences and inevitably when the problems arise...   ::)

jettrainfan

couldn't find it, probably fell behind the freezer but the daddy long-legs haven't trespassed on L&W property (yet) so im not gonna look, sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

mattyg1306

riff...I actually buy boxes at Wal-Mart in the postage/stationary department.  There is a flat, open top box kit sold there that fits about 4 or 5 cars perfectly, and is actually a little more convenient than having the actually boxes as far as storage (and the price is right, also...less than $1/box!).  You can also buy boxes specifically made for storing train engines/cars (complete with foam backing to keep them safe) on walthers.com and other various sites, but this could get quite costly, although each of their boxes holds @20 cars. 

riff99

That's great info, Matty.  Thank You.  I'll drop into Walmart tomorrow for a look.  I'll check out Walthers as well or any place that sells storage boxes.

I appreciate you looking for the CSX box, Jettrainfan.  I avoid those dark places as well (oh man, I fear a shrink sermon oncoming with THAT line!!)

Kris Everett

Doneldon

riff -

Actually, I am one, but no sermons on this board.

-- D

riff99

oh, heh heh...I knew one of those lines would bite me at some time   :-X

No disrespect intended to any shrinks out there.  Heck, I see one on occasion as well and they keep me pretty sane.  OK...maybe sorta sane   ;)  (my quest for the EZ Command DVD cars and engines is a session, or 4, all to itself).