News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lighting loco's on DCC

Started by northernleo, June 24, 2010, 12:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northernleo

I have recently bought a few Bachmann locomotives ready equipped for DCC operation.
The loco's in question all have "lights" (example item no. 60348 HO GP40 Alaska) Question is how do I get the lights to work ?
I use a ZTC 505 controler and although I have tried CV values 49 and 50  on the test track I cannot operate the lights.
Can anyone tell me the CV values that I should be using, or give me a step by step instruction.
I have no problem reprogramming the decoder (directional/ speed etc) but am sure that I must be missing a stage out or using a wrong value.

All help greatly appreciated.

richg

Have you studied the EZ Command documents just to the left of this message box?

Rich

ABC

F1 dims the lights, F10 turns on the lights.

northernleo

Many thanks for your replies, yes, I have studied the EZ commands, however the controller that I use is a ZTC 505 and not a Bachmann one. 

Jim Banner

Function 10 on Bachmann's E-Z Command is the same as function 0 on everybody else's system.  Put CV's 49 and 50 back to their original values and clear CV's 51 and 52 (set them to zero.)  Alternatiely, just reset the decoder.  Then try function 0 to turn the lights on and off.  Of course, you must select the locomotive's address first which will be 3 (or 03) as received or after a reset, but I bet you knew that already.

For more information, check the specifications of the Bachmann decoder at this link:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/1_Amp_Decoder_Instr.pdf

Jim  
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.